Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Can I use only part of one-stop flight

Can I use only part of one-stop flight?
I live half way between Milwaukee and Chicago airports. To fly to some destinations I have noticed that I have the possibility to fly direct from Chicago or with one-stop from Milwaukee via Chicago to final destination!!! And the one-stop flight from Milwaukee is generally 3 times cheaper than the direct flight from Chicago; even though it has the same flight # from Chicago to destination and return. I was wondering if I could buy one-stop ticket departing from Milwaukee but just use the Chicago round trip part of the itinerary ;o) Thanks
Air Travel - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Only if you have a carry on bag.
2 :
If you terminate travel before reaching your final destination, your return ticket will be null and void. This is called "hidden city" ticketing. This is in the same family as "back to back" ticketing. It is a violation of the airlines contract with you. You may be penalized by "debit memo" and charged for full fare, or denied boarding, or have your frequent flyer account canceled.
3 :
If you do not fly the Milwaukee sector, they will call this a no show and possibly cancel the Chicago to to final destination part. I'm a Travel Agent and so many people have done this before, they have booked a cheaper ticket from a certain city to a certain city and not flown the sector that they didn't really need. The rest of the connection was cancelled. I don't think they would cancel the return flight from your destination back to Milwaukee, but they will cancel the flight from Chicago to final destination. Which is fair enough, you are wasting space on the plane that other passengers could have travelled on.
4 :
No.

Search News