Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Is it better to fly from Waco, TX to Milwaukee, WI or drive

Is it better to fly from Waco, TX to Milwaukee, WI or drive?
I have $1500 that I could use towards a first class ticket (there are no direct flights, so it would use connections), or I could bag some of the money and drive up there. It's an 18 hour drive that I could do virtually non-stop or I could do 9 hours and then spend the night in a hotel and then another 9 hours. What should I do?
Air Travel - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Drive to Austin and fly from there. The ticket will be cheaper. With the price of gas above $3.00 the airplane trip maybe cheaper than driving. Plus why would you want to drive 18 hours if you don't have to.
2 :
I think that if you take a non stop flight like jetblue from Waco TX to Milwaukee so that way you won't have to drive all that way
3 :
Depends. I infer that it is just you. How much stuff will you be carrying? Flying with a lot of stuff is a pain. How important is your time? I'm a stingy SOB, so if time were not an issue I would probably drive -- maybe a hundred bucks worth of gasoline each way.
4 :
The answer above is right, because if you have a lot of stuff, you should just drive. Airline would be better I believe if you don't have tons of stuff. Driving 18 hours is a pain. You will get bored, plus you will have to pay for the hotel stay.

Search News