Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Any tips on flying with a 1 years old

Any tips on flying with a 1 years old?
Hi, In April im going to be flying from Houston, TX to Milwaukee, WI. Does anyone have any tips on keeping my son calm during the flight? My son is a rather wild one (like most boys) and I dont know how he is going to take being held for 2 1/2 hours.
Toddler & Preschooler - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
My daughter has been on several planes and I always make sure she has a special stuffed animal, doll or other item that she usually sleeps with. Than I pack an empty sippy cup, and then once we get through security I fill it up with water at a water fountain. I always pack a small bag of toys for her and snacks. Also you are not required to take a car seat on the plane! I didn't realize that and I was under the impression that you HAD to take one, but it is the best thing ever to just check it in and you don't have to lug it all around the airport. Hope this helps, and good luck!
2 :
can you cage him? just kidding! I have a 15 month old wild child myself. If you can afford to purchase a seat for him take his carseat and he will be fine. My son recently did great on a 24 hour car trip. I am pretty sure he would no sit for 2 hours on my lap though. Take lots of snacks and toys/books that may interest him. Good Luck!
3 :
don't be afreared. just take some entertainment. a movie would be nice as well. dont take your car seat. yeuchhh, what if he wants to sleep? just chill, the car seat will just bug him. he will become better on plane rides as he goes on more of them. bring a blanket and some valium. jk about the last one. no valium.
4 :
Go to the dollar store and buy a few little things that will be new and entertaining for him. Pack them in a bag and don't let him see them. Pull one out anytime he gets restless, new toys always keep a kid occupied for a bit. Also, take some suckers or hard candy with you, the altitude change can make them uncomfortable.
5 :
My sister just took her 1 year old daughter from the US to Poland, and she said she was a little fussy but everyone understood that she was an infant and they only have so much patience on a ride that long, at least its not like driving in a car and having to pull over to tend to the little one, so it shouldnt be that bad, just take a few toys or whatever might keep him occupied.

Search News