Saturday, August 14, 2010

i'm flying alone for the first time and have some questions

i'm flying alone for the first time and have some questions?
this is the first time i'll be flying without my parents and i have some questions that i hope can be answered. i know i'll need to check in before my flight to my destination, however frontier airlines (the airline i'm going with) has online check in. should i still arrive early to the airport? and also, my flight connects in milwaukee. will i need to check in once again? or will i be set for both of those flights? then, will i need to check in for my return flight? and my connection in milwaukee again? i will not be checking any baggage. it's a short trip and i will be able to fit everything in my carryon bag.
Air Travel - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You may check in online or in person at the airport. It's a matter of personal preference. Either way, you should still plan on arriving about the same time. at least an hour and a half to two hours. dia can be unpredictable. Providing you are flying the same airline in Milwaukee, you will check in for both flights at the same time. there is no need to recheck in in Milwaukee unless you miss your connection. If your connecting flight is a different airline, you can go directly to the gate and check in. no need to leave the secure area. you will need to check in again for your return flight.
2 :
You don't neccisarly have to go in early. I do,because there is always lines. I'm 18. I started flying alone when i was 17. You will not need to check in again when you arive in milwaukee. You will just want to check the boards again for caution and see when you connecting flight leaves. Because you never know when theres a delay or time change. That's what i've done. Go straight in to the board. see how much time I have. Find the gate. So i know where i am. and if theres time go do stuff before it leaves :) Good thing you don't have to have any luggage :) Have fun! I'm not much help. I just like airports and planes.

Search News