Tuesday, September 14, 2010

How do you pop your ears after flying

How do you pop your ears after flying?
I Flew yesterday from LA California to Milwaukee Wisconsin. I got a bad earache on the descending part of the flight. Now my ear fells like it needs poped and its my hearing out of it is weird. I can hear myself breath a lot louder and scratching my head to. Ive tried everything. Ive triding holding my noes and blowing out if it. Ive tried Q-tips. Ive tried water. NOTHING WORKS. How do I pop this ear and make it normal again.
Health & Safety - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I hate when that happens....did you try yawning? Or eating something?
2 :
For me, this is happened. It may be an ear infection from fluid that built up in your ear. Do you have a cold? Because that usually happens when the sinus is full and fluid seeps out. However, I hold my nose, swallow, and blow. It helped me. But, if you have a cold, then be sure to get rest, and give it 5 days to 2 weeks to leave.
3 :
Try: chewing a lot of gum, driving up and down from high to low altitude (if plausible in your area), put your head under water & try the hold your nose and blow technique. And, also, try buying an ear wax removal kit. It could be that the flight/altitude dislodged some ear wax and it is what is blocking your ear canal. If you don't want to try that, you can go to your doctor, who can check it out and perform the ear wax wash removal, if necessary. Good Luck! Have had this happen, myself - NO Fun!! & Hope this helps!
4 :
Hmm... Ive had the exact same problem. Usually I hold my nose and breath out. you can also try chewing gum or swallowing perhaps even yawning
5 :
When there's pressure in my ears i yawn or chew gum especially during assending and decending on a plane. Try and chew some gum. If that doesn't work, you need to go see a doctor. Something could be wrong.

Search News